2015 VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
The eighth annual AWME is almost here and we’re looking for a small and enthusiastic team of volunteers to assist in various roles.
The 2015 edition will take place from 12- 14 November and is Australia’s leading showcase & industry conference event for roots music. All showcases and conference sessions take place in central Melbourne
If you’re interested in gaining experience in festival and event operations, or simply want to attend as many conference sessions and music showcases as possible for free in exchange for your contribution – applications are now open.
Please complete the APPLICATION FORM, providing as much detail as possible, by Monday 9 November.
AWME 2015 ARTIST SHOWCASE SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED!
Thank you to everyone who applied to showcase in 2015.
Non-showcasing artists/bands are encouraged to attend AWME as a delegate.
** IMPORTANT – Please ensure you have read and meet these criteria before submitting! **
AWME SHOWCASE CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS:
* Please note – AWME is an event primarily focused on marketing and showcasing the music and artists from Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
* Before you submit, THINK CAREFULLY about what you would like to achieve from your showcase and the industry representatives you would like to meet with over the weekend to help you achieve those goals. Having clear attainable objectives and a plan of action will help you navigate and maximise your AWME showcase opportunity.
* Artists/submissions need to be EXPORT READY.
This includes a live performance at worldwide international standards as well as HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCTION AND PRESENTATION LEVELS AS WELL AS PROFESSIONAL QUALITY MATERIALS, including your marketing materials.
* Artists/submissions need to be available to attend and perform at AWME on any of the 4 days with NO PROGRAMMING DATE RESTRICTIONS.
* Artists/submissions must have PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT or be established as a successful self-managed group/musician.
We strongly recommend having a PROFESSIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND SUPPORT TEAM available to assist in marketing your performance at AWME in the lead-up to the event, and to maximise any opportunities that may arise from showcasing at AWME.
Management will need to be available to attend AWME for the full duration of the event to represent the artist and meet with other delegates.
* Artists/submissions need to have PROFESSIONAL HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCT & MARKETING MATERIAL, including website, CD/s, recent live-performance film clips, detailed recent biography, up-to-date tech-specs which reflect your AWME submission and good quality recent high-res images.
* EXCLUSIVITY IS A CONDITION OF SHOWCASING AT AWME.
AWME requests that the artist does not perform in Melbourne, or in the state of Victoria for the period of three weeks before or after AWME, without prior arrangement with AWME.
* Artists need to be ready and willing to tour or perform nationally and internationally if performance opportunities are brokered by the artists’ support team.
The AWME programming team will assess all applications received and notify successful applicants.